Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Update

It seems like summer is almost upon us! It is that time of year in the Midwest where we have the Spring hot/cold/rainy combination of days which unfortunately leads to pretty severe weather.

This most recent event in Moore really hit close to home because I am from Oklahoma. I do not live there anymore (although I am not too far away) but my family does. My Mom called me while I was at work and told me to say a prayer for my brother because a tornado was close to him. He was in Norman starting summer school at The University of Oklahoma which is about 15 minutes outside of Moore. After I got off the phone with my Mom I found an Oklahoma news station stream and starting watching. I can't even describe the overwhelming gut-wrenching feeling I got watching that (live) tornado get bigger and bigger and take out all the homes and the school. Luckily, the tornado changed course and went the opposite direction of my brother but still left a horrible path of destruction. It is a day that I will never forget. Please continue to keep all those affected by the storm in your prayers.


On a lighter note, we have had a lot of fun things going on. Here is the short list:

- My Mom and Nana came to visit
- Visited family over Memorial Day weekend
- Lots of work in the yard
- Charles giving us a run for our money (Oh boy, have I got some stories to tell...)
- My husband got a fun, new ride
- Started a new job! (Yay me!) - I won't go into details on this one but I will say the job is awesome and so are the people I work with. Bonus, it is 5 minutes from my house.


The new ride is a 1990 Porsche. My husband convinced me this would be a good idea...somehow.

Updates coming soon! In the meantime, I am looking forward to my virtual dinner "date" with Sarah tomorrow! We have a very summery dish on the menu which I will share soon!

Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I am so glad you're back around the blog. And I can't wait for our dinner party tonight and to catch up "in person"!
    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest